Friday, July 5, 2013

Brazen's Dirty Dozen Has Arrived!

Tomorrow is the big day.
We will have 12 hours to go as far as we can, for as long as we can.There is also a 6 hour, and two 10ks and two 5ks throughout the day, so we'll have fresh influxes of runners every few hours or so to keep us company.
The course is a 3.37 mile loop, on gravel and dirt. It is a gentle course, and has lots of shade from all the Eucalyptus trees. Temps should be perfect, cool in the morning and evening, and 70's during the day. There will be an aid station at each end of the loop, plus you can set up your own base camp, so there's no need to carry anything.   Our "camp" will have chairs, a spread out blanket, and a cooler with lots of ice and flat cokes. Also at camp - a change of shoes, socks, compression leg sleeves, muscle rub, glide, cliff bars, extra shirt and a jacket,and probably other stuff I just can't think of right now. 
I'm thinking I will put 10 safety pins along the bottom of my top and take one off at the end of each lap. 10 is my minimum, bottom goal, but I know I'll lose count at some point, so thus the pins. Successfully getting rid of 10 pins would mean 33.7 miles, and the day is set up perfectly to be able to get that and then some.

For those interested in watching, Ultra Sports Live.TV will be streaming live here.  I think they are testing some new equipment and have heard mention of possibly being able to track athletes. If that's the case, you should probably know our bib #'s. Brian's is 42, and mine is 43.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be fun seeing you and Brian out there! I like the safety pin idea. (And, worst case, you can run 9 laps then a single 0.7 mini-lap and you will be at 50K! Although I'm expecting you to do MUCH better than that.)

    ReplyDelete