Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Rest of the Weekend



Well, as I mentioned, once it started, it just kept rolling through at record speed.
Saturday we had scheduled a 16 miler, got up early and got to it. Unfortunately, Emma's bike had a flat, we were out of tubes, and the stores that carry them didn't open until 9. So we headed to the store to pick up the veggies and fruit to make platters for the congregation picnic that was at 1. We weren't asked to bring dessert this year : )
By the time we got the tube, changed it and got started, we were down to only having time for 8 miles. No worries, we decide to do 8 today, 13 tomorrow, and call the 21 miles in 2 days = to 16 in 1 day. Add this 21 miles to the week and I was down for 48 miles total, which is a record week for me. I am trying a new approach to training this go round and will post on that later
Then home, make platters, get everyone changed and out the door by noon to drive to the picnic. As usual, our family spent most of the time in the pool. I am amazed at what great little swimmers I have as I have never felt comfortable in the water myself. Brian played a bit of volleyball, we all ate, including the goodies, then headed out around 4:30. We were hurrying to get home again, change again, and get out the door to head to downtown WC for the yearly Walnut Festival Parade. This was our first year going, and the kids loved it! It was super long, though. It started at 6, and we left about 8:30 and it was still going on. It was made up mostly of the local high school bands, cheerleaders, flag girls?? - not sure what to actually call them, and a lot of dance groups, day cares, local businesses, ect.....just a lot of local, small town fun! I learned that there is a huge difference between regular band, and rally band. I am a rally band girl. Looked like a lot of fun!! From there, we hit Target for some groceries, then home to bed. Sunday we were up early again, ready to get our 13 miler done. By this run, my legs were starting to feel tired, sore, and about done for the week. Nothing hurt that shouldn't hurt, just normal fatigue, which I had been expecting earlier in the week, so I was happy to only be feeling it now. So we got the run done, headed to meeting. Em had a date with Uncle David to go to the skate boarding park, and Brian was supposed to have elder duties to tend to after meeting, but that was cancelled, so we came home down one kid. Said kid came home feeling pretty proud of herself that she spent the day with her uncle at the skate park. He took her for yogurt afterwards, and I am afraid to imagine what monster cup of yogurt she must have created. I asked how much it was and she said $11....I can feed all 3 kids there for $9.....so whatever she did, it was huge! Then dinner and bed.
Great crazy busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment