Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Didn't Mean to Say That Out Loud

Did I post that we were all after PR's at Rocky Ridge? Of course I meant PR's for that course, not lifetime Pr's.

Either way, lets just pretend I was joking : ) I didn't mean to actually say that out loud...or curse under my breath when I saw my finish time.

3 out of the 4 of us who ran had fun (Myles is the odd ball) . 1 out of 4 placed first in her division. 0 out of 4 PR'd.

I know Brazen always says that Rocky Ridge is their hardest course, and I'm starting to believe it's sort of like childbirth.  You just forget the pain, and do it again...and find yourself thinking "Man, I don't remember this being this hard!"

I mistakenly had the Garmin on auto pause.....yeah. So climbing that huge hill, most the way up it was paused...which threw the rest of the race off, so I just did the best I could, made sure I was always uncomfortable and pushing.  I for sure made a huge mistake running that 1:05 10k two days ago.  I could definitely feel it in my legs, total rookie mistake and I should have known not to do that 2 days out from  a race that I wanted to improve my time on.  Aside from being slower this year, it was a great run! Emma and I stuck together for the majority of it, we didn't plan that, but we were moving about the same speed.  I loved being out there with her, and while I will admit there were a few times I thought about pushing the pace, I would then quickly have the thought that it wasn't worth leaving her to run alone and be 20 seconds ahead of her.

The last 2 miles involves a lot of steep downhill, which I love. I knew in the last mile she was fine, so I went ahead and let loose and finished 2 minutes ahead of her.

It was a beautiful clear day, blue skies, not too hot and I got to run 5 tough miles with my daughter.
That's a great day!

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow (you guys know it always ends up being tomorrow, but one day I may surprise you!).

No comments:

Post a Comment