Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Goals

Lordy, it's been along time since I've talked goals here on the blog.  Here's the condensed version of where I'm at now.  I went from running marathons and working out at least once daily w/weights, to 3 chaotic years where any concerns about my personal fitness were out the window as my focus was needed elsewhere, to today - starting over from scratch.  That's the short, sweet version. 

This year, things have leveled off for us.  Other family situations seemed to have stabilized for the moment, or at least I have a better handle on handling our new normal, anxiety is under control....and I finally feel like I can allow myself the time and energy I need to get back to a healthy place.  More importantly, I want to. 

From my walk last night with Emma and Kona
Don't get me wrong, I'm not up for going full guns blazing and training for any big race or anything like that.  I do have the desire again to get back into some sort of a routine.  Starting with workouts and walks/hikes.  I have no goals as far as weight.  My goal at this point is just to reestablish a normal, consistent, manageable daily routine that includes walks and workouts.  Just reestablishing the basics.  I will be thrilled with that! 

One of the fun benefits of getting the new phone is that I can have lots of fun with new workout apps, and trackers for steps/miles.  Yes, I have that with my garmin, but in my weird head, the garmin is for running, and I don't currently run, so I shouldn't use it.... Makes no sense, but there you go.

Anyhow....There have once again been planks and fartleks happening!! I totally count a walking fartlek as "speed play".  Here's to starting with small goals, and building from there!


 That 4 wheeling farmer was tagging the calves.  Almost every big cow had a baby with it.


1 comment:

  1. This is so great to read! And I really like you are not jumping off the deep end, but being smart about it. Hopefully this means we will get to see you and your family at a couple of Brazen races this year!

    ReplyDelete