Thursday, October 1, 2015

Spiders and Broken Trees

That's been the excitement lately on the trail. Lots of trees snapping, and lots of tarantulas.  Oh, and yesterday we had rain almost all day. Super light rain....but rain. Unfortunately, I had 2 kids home for dr appointments and wasn't able to get out and enjoy muddy trails....but the air smelt great!! 
Here's a few from the trails this past week -
I always feel like I'm getting a glimpse into some other world when I catch this view...it's always kinda half lit back there, misty even though there's no moisture to be found...like another world.

This is a close up of that little window to another world.

I talked about all the trees drooping and then snapping in a previous post, here's a section out of Mitchel Canyon where the trees are just done. They really, really need a drink. If you look up to the left of the trail, you can see one snapped about half way up and is now aimed down at the trail.

More drought carnage.

This is a prime example of what's happening...they just start to bend over and lay down, and then snap when they can't bend anymore.  It'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts.
We took the kids out for a walk to see they could see any Tarantula's.  There were a few out and about.

 


Another tree down on Globe Lilly trail.

2 Things here, he's asking her something, not sure what...and notice that pretty well used game trail to the right of my head.



This is what a Tarantula looks like on the trail as you come up on them...can you see it? I really have to be looking where I'm going this time of year.  He's there, on the trail, right in the middle....



I've schooled you guys on prints enough over the years that I'm sure you know what print this is....

That's a hog print next to my size 11 Hoka's.

I dont' know what these are, but they were so clean and shiny for being out in nature...I'm guessing Holly berries??

These are from Buckeye Trail off Burma Trail, different side of the mountain from all the above pictures.

I cant believe that when we moved down here16 years ago, I thought these were the ugliest trees I'd ever seen. I can't tell you how many times their beauty literally stops me in my tracks.

I thought these were the cutest little prints! 

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your computer working again! Great shots - so sad about the trees (I fear that when things get wet, they will just fall over, especially if there is wind). Love the tarantula pictures - very nicely done! (And no, I could not find the one in the middle of the trail in that one shot.) And I think Myles is asking about how cuddly they might be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well, Myles almost stepped on one and it scared him pretty bad....he wanted nothing to do with them. Brian wondered about holding one, but I convinced him they belong to the mountain and he can't touch them....like sea turtles in Hawaii : )

      Delete