Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Pigs, Tarantulas, and Other Beautiful Trail Things!

This is one of my favorite little loops. It's short, but packs an elevation punch. Obviously there's no shortage of beauty along this little loop.
This is Burma to Buckeye to Stage and back to Burma.
Rattlesnake Gulch sign on Stage Rd


These are not in order. This is at the end when you crest the last ridge and are almost back to your car which is parked on North Gate Rd.

I always forget how long and hot the climb up out of the valley is.



I used to bring the kiddos out here to pick black berries.

This was the first tarantula sightings I've had this year! I saw 2.

So many different colors!

First time ever seeing wild pigs!! I've waited a long time for this to happen. I see tracks all the time, traps all the time....finally got to see actual wild pigs!


I wish I was good enough to say I actually planned this shot but I was just randomly clicking hoping I got a shot before it ran away.


Me! This hike totally recharged me. I was so happy and excited to finally see pigs and the first tarantulas of the season and just everything! I also had on new shorts and was super happy they stayed put and didn't do that annoying riding up thing some shorts do. (just being honest) Also, like how I skip showing you my butt and gut?? I'm tricky like that.
My legs are coming back but the never ending quest to get the rest of my body to match my legs continues....

One of the many natural springs on the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment