Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fighting Taper Madness...

Last long run....done.
Last training run....done.
Last taper week run.....done.
Last workout....done.
Sneaking hour naps whenever I can....done.
Was it all enough?
Enough to go sub 4:40?
How many bananas do I have to eat to guarantee avoiding a repeat of the leg cramp incident?

I am fighting off the taper madness with frantic house cleaning, which, since it works, has become part of the official taper process. From runners I know, and reading experiences, I know most runners have some sort of taper routine that involves a few "quirky" ways of dealing with the mental aspect of all this.....which makes me feel way less "crazy"....or at least that this "crazy" is normal runner/taper/ less than 3 days till marathon "crazy".

2 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes and we will see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment