Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hurray for Hulu

In my quest to find an alternative workout today, I came across a little something I thought I would share. You know by now that I am a Jillian Michaels fan, love her workouts, love her online program. Well, with the assembly this weekend, we are doing a semi-long run tonight. You probably know from a recent post that I am not a huge fan of running in the evenings as I am tired by 5, but sometimes you have to do what works, and this weekend, tonight is what works. Normally I do not workout on long run days, but I had already dropped a workout this week on Monday (the day after our last horrific long run I did not workout), and heading into 3 days of sitting, I wanted to get in some sort of workout today, although not my normal full routine.
Which brings me to Hulu, and Jillian's mini-workout videos! Yeah! I was so excited to find these!
They are perfect if you are just starting out and want to ad to your workout slowly. You could easily start with just one video, then ad another the next workout, ect. Or, if you are looking for something a little quicker than your normal routine, or if you want to target one specific area of the body. For me, being used to just seeing a picture of the move, it is nice to see her execute each exercise so I can see the perfect form, stance, ect.
I did these 4 today and managed to totally avoid most of the lower body, which was my goal.








It felt like a decent workout and went quicker than the usual workout.
Now, on to more important things! Assembly prep will be in full swing the rest of the day. Little book bags to be packed, 12 outfits to put together (Brian's on his own : ) Shoes to find...Bub's pairs seem to be intent on divorcing each other and moving to separate countries. It sometimes takes days to search them down and reunite them. And finding his ties....impossible. I've given up on his socks matching, so don't look too closely! Random fact - This is our first convention in 8 years w/o any diapers to change!!Oh, and I promised 20 little toes and fingers that they would have pretty new polish by tomorrow....so, let the fun begin!

1 comment:

  1. Convention time is always a time of excitement and a little stress for me. I have had her outfits picked out for over a month which helps with the stress a little, but now I need do figure myself out and ours is only a week away :-( Have fun this weekend! We will look forward to some fun pics!!

    ReplyDelete