Monday, March 17, 2014

Can You Feel the Excitement??

One month ago today.  The last time I ran. One whole month.
Honestly, it has flown by.  Odd, yes?? If you know me in real life, you know how much running and the mountain and my time alone means, how much I need it to be a happy camper. 

But man, this past month there has been so much "real life" stuff going on (all good), that I found it easy to let myself completely put my own running on the back burner.  We've had some major changes (all good, and no I'm not pregnant, nor will I ever be again) that not running allowed me to give my full attention to. So what I'm saying is, life went on, and it was pretty good!

Now, what has not running done to my figure?? Well, that's a whole nother story! But again, not a big deal.  I know how I work, and once I get back in the game, I'm all in, and the weight takes care of itself.  However, my "all in" will be different than a month ago as I am now not training for anything, and my schedule has changed. It's realistic for me to be able to get 2 mid week runs in and balance our new "real life" stuff.  Possibly one on the weekends if I plan it well. 

So tomorrow I'll be back on the mountain!! I cant' wait!  Things have totally greened up over the past month, and I know there is water flowing at Mitchell Canyon, not sure about Castle Rock. The poppies are also blooming right now, which should mean the spring flowers up on Eagle Peak are either bloomed or about to.  I know it'll be a slow, walk/run combo for a bit, but exciting non the less!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You have been very patient. Luv U

    ReplyDelete