Thursday, February 23, 2017

Random Catch Up

 Myles room is about to get a major revamp, so we basically took everything out so it's ready for paint and furniture.  We just hung his rug and moose up for fun. The real story is Kona bonding with Pluto.

Below, that's a stuffed sweet potato. Such a good dinner!

I think I've talked about Myles and his verbal and non verbal tics here on the blog before. 
This kid is a champ.  He puts up with so much and never complains.  For the past 2.5 weeks, he's had a coughing tic.  Sometimes his verbal tics (verbal meaning any noise he makes verbally, non verbal are twitches, jerks, movements he can't control) are a hum, throat clearing, or burping.....this cough is rare. It has happened before, but not for this long.  While the cough isn't a "real" cough, the wear and tear on his body is - so tiredness, sore tummy and upper body from using the muscles to cough...those sorts of things.  Also, it's very disruptive.  Think about sitting next to him in class, or a teacher listening to this all day.  We've hit the age where kids are shifting from being understanding, to being annoyed and making fun of him.  Since the tic increases with anxiety, stress, or emotional situations, it get worse when he's in class trying to be quiet but he's unable to.
Don't even get me started on taking him to places like the store, or mall.  Adults look at me like I'm taking my kid with pneumonia out in public.
Like I started with, though...he's a champ.  He's such a sweet kid, and handles things with such courage and sense of humor.






 Brian and the girls went to a monster truck rally.  Myles knew it would be too loud for him, so we had an evening out, just the two of us.  We hit the Disney Store and a tea shop.  His pick.


This dog got used to 70 degrees real quick and then went into hiding when the rain started back up and temps dropped back down.  CA dog.
 New porch lights make me happy!
 Rare site this time of year, but that's a teenager playing in the back yard, seldom seen out of doors with no electronic devise.
 I took this one to show my mom in WA the temp.
 Brian and I found some muddy water to play in out in Clyde.
 The flu hit our house hard. Hard.  Like begging Brian to take a day off so I could just stay in bed, hard.  Kona took good care of me, stayed pretty close...like snuggled up under the covers stealing my pillow, close.
 You may know I like old things.  I don't talk much about that because it seems every time I do, someone gives us something old that they have.  I don't want people to feel obligated.  But when it happens, I do so enjoy it!  This is a bookcase from Germany, from the 1800's.  It's amazing, as it folds completely flat.  It's all one piece, but the shelves fold down, and the sides fold in, and it's flat.  It's really heavy wood.
 Here it is all settled in to our living room.  Myles was home, sick with the flu that day.
That's about it.  I mean there's lots of other stuff happening- Emma tours UC Davis Monday.  Then she's off to a HOSA competition in Sacramento for 4 days. Our place of worship had a bomb threat.  Try getting your 2 kids with anxiety back inside the building after knowing everything is fine.  Good times. We have a Disney trip coming up to see the electric light parade in Disneyland, where it was when we were kids. Brian's getting paid to volunteer to clear Black Point Trail on Diablo today. Not a bad way to earn a days wage.  Anyway, lots of life stuff, thus not a lot of posts. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice catch up - thanks! It's good to know that Kona and Pluto aren't mortal enemies! College visits!!! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete