Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Memorial 2010



Memorial was wonderful as always. None in our brood attempted to drink or eat anything they shouldn't have, and nothing was spilt. 2 out of 3 were well behaved, all 3 stayed awake although that was a bit of a battle for one of the girls. Another year, another Memorial. I always wonder if "this year" will be the last one, and if it is, what will I remember most about it? One thing I couldn't capture on camera, but would be what I would remember most, was just after the Amen before the passing of the wine, the sound that came over the building. Something of a cross between a train going by (there are none near the building) and very strong winds. It as a heavy downpour of rain on the metal roof, but it was dark out and hard to figure out what the noise was at first. The sound and the timing were neat.

1 comment:

  1. so cute! you and the girls' hair was amazing (as always), made me think of how i need to spice up my own hair-it's so thick, i never know what to do with it all!

    yes, the sound of the rain was very cool! i love the sound of rain hitting the roof at night :)

    ReplyDelete