Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thoughts on the Surf City Half

If you've been around this blog for any amount of time, you probably have picked up that I have little tolerance for excuses. Either do or don't. And if you choose 'don't' I really don't care to hear your list of reasons why. Whatever choices we make, we should own them.

So, I am totally owning that I did not train at all for this half. I have not done any runs longer then 8 miles since the Fresno Marathon in November. I totally own that. I could have chose to push things out of the way and get my runs in. I chose not to. My choice. Choices come with consequences.

There will be no PR attempt. There will be no time expectations, there may not even be a watch worn. There will probably be some walking. All you half marathoners that I was cursing in my head for walking while I was running the Fresno marathon....my apologies.

So what will there be? I will complete my California Dreamin Race Series. I will get a huge metal in the shape of CA. I will get an awesome series jacket. There will be 3 kids who will again get to feel the high of finishing a race and getting the coolest surf board metal. There will be sun. There will be beach. There will be new tan lines made. There will be tons of pictures taken. There will be time spent pool side, ocean side, wandering the shops in Huntington Beach. There will be great Mexican food eaten Sunday night. We will watch the Disney fireworks from our hotel, we may explore a little park called Knotts Berry Farm : )

Memories will be made. Relaxation will happen. Good times all around. No regrets. My choice.

3 comments:

  1. B--I am so proud of you! I hope you have a fun race, whether walking or running, enjoy the sun, the shopping, and just spending some time with your family. The California Race Series is such an accomplishment!
    Have a wonderful time and I will be waiting to see the pics. Much Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse my wife, she trained more than most for this half, even though it is not at the level that we are used to. She will do awesome as usual.

    The husband

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the Husbands side. You will do wonderful!

    ReplyDelete