Monday, June 25, 2012

Last Week

I already posted pics from our run on Monday, so we'll start off with Tuesday. $1 summer movies have started up and we saw Rio.

Wednesday we had a beautiful run at the Lafayette Reservoir.




There was no wind, which is unusual, the res was like glass.

Wednesday we also went to a friends house to play in their pool.

Thursday we had service plans and afterwards we went to Guanatos in Pleasant Hill.

He had Lucuma flavored ice-cream....so good!

Friday we met up with the Beast and took the 6 kiddos for a hike at Shell Ridge in Walnut Creek.  Los Lomas High School cross country team was there getting a workout in.  They didn't all take the same trail but spread out through the open space, so it was not bothersome.


It is frog season in the ponds.....they are everywhere, the ground seems to be moving there are so many.






Saturday after service we ran at the Reservoir again, but I didnt' have my camera, so skip to later in the day.... Myles was playing in the backyard and got his first bee sting.

Saturday evening we had friends over and had a nice time roasting dinner and smores and playing cards.


Since I had the camera out, I thought I'd share with you my favorite flower we have blooming right now, my one and only Hollyhock! I sprinkled wild flowers over here when we first moved in, but got nothing, so we planted a few things and then of course, this random Hollyhock decided to grow from the seeds.


Sunday morning we ran.  Not the best, not the fastest, not the funnest. But a run non the less.

The view from the park where the kids played and I waited as Brian finished the 8 miles and came picked us up at the 5 mile mark.

Sunday evening, I had been laying on the floor while Brian rolled out  my legs with a rolling pin and when I got up and glanced out the back window, I saw a random tannish animal coming down the hill.  We've had a bobcat roaming our neighborhood, so Brian and Sophie hopped in the car to get a better look.....turned out to be a big buck. Very hard to see it here, but it's the tan thing that sort of looks off just to the right of center in this very blurry picture.

So that was last week.  Today started off with a wicked Jillian workout, #9 of Body Revolution. Brutal. Hopefully non of you are keeping track of how terribly long it has taken to get through the 12 weeks, lets just say it's taken way longer than it should.  I'm going to stick with it through the rest of the workouts, and then start it over w/o missing any weeks. The rest of the day was digging the grass out of all the cracks in the patio. Not exciting at all, but worth the work and blisters.  It looks so much better!  Lets see if Brian notices when he gets home : )

2 comments:

  1. B-I love Hollyhocks. Grandma Nore had lots of them in bright colors along the back fence when I was little. Moo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be in my blood, I love them, too, just haven't been able to grow any. I hope to put in many many more back along the fence since they seem to grow well and tolerate the heat on that side of the house! Hope I get some super tall ones!

      Delete