Friday, November 30, 2012

Blow Me Down!

Holy cow.....it's 3:20 a.m.
Our house is loud in a storm - the windows shake and rattle around, they whistle but it's more like a low rumble like a train approaching in some rooms, in other rooms they whistle loud. The rain is blowing sideways and hitting the windows, which is really loud. The trees outside are loudly getting blown around. You can hear the wind coming down the valley behind the house that acts like a funnel for wind coming down off the Mt.
Things started getting loud about 1 a.m. and then I debated for 2 hours if I should just get up or try to sleep, finally got up.
If it's this loud here......imagine being a 10 year old, in a small, old cabin, up in the Santa Cruz Mountains. I wonder what it sounds like up there. The whole coast and SC Mts are under a flash flood watch through tomorrow, which I'm not worried about for her, it just means they were supposed to really get dumped on tonight.
We got a call last night that the kids will be getting back about an hour earlier than originally planned today, I'm already anxiously awaiting seeing the buses pull into school safe and sound! I will be the crazy mom out there waiting with hot cocoa and baked potato soup, her favs!

1 comment:

  1. It must be something about these school camping trips because it was rainy when I did my camping trip in 6th grade. Still had fun though!

    ReplyDelete