Monday, November 12, 2012

Pictures From Last Weeks Runs

 I was only able to run Tuesday and Thursday of last week. Actually, I had Monday open to run, but I was still tight and a smidge sore from Sundays 10k. I've gone a nice long stretch now without any twinges, tweaks, or injuries. I think a large part of that is spending 99.9% of my time on the trail (unpaved), and in part because I have finally learned to not run when I'm tight and sore. So anyways, I waited until Tuesday and headed out of Castle Rock, up Buckeye to Briones to Diablo trail, and back down Little Yosemite.  It ended up being 5.2 miles with 1210 ft of climbing.
 One thing you can't see in these is that I had on my Pandora for the first time and it was on my Alabama station. It made for the perfect run!!



Look at all the baby green grass coming up! Wont be long until the golden hills are green.

Hard to see but there's a horse coming down the trail towards me.

Ground squirrel





The trails were still marked from Sunday, coming down a "no" trail turned it into an "on" trail, lol.
 These next few are from my Thursday run with the Beast. It was her week to pick where we ran, so we ended up in Briones.  This is the same trail where Brian got his horrible case of poison oak a few years back, and where we took the kids to look for CA newts.  It ended up being another 5.2 miler with 1541 ft of climbing.

Aahh, there's Mt Diablo over there across the valley! The Beast looks so tiny in this picture!

Not a lot miles wise this week, but both runs had a decent amount of climbing and because of that felt longer than 5 milers.  This week will be wonky for runs, too. The kids are home today, I'm in service tomorrow morning, in the class room Wednesday morning...so looks like I'll be hitting the trails Thursday and Friday.
I'll post more pictures from the week on the photo site, and a few videos of running to my favorite Alabama/Alan Jackson songs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment