Monday, August 22, 2016

Second Wave of 1st Day of School!

Already my house seems too quiet and it's been all of 20 minutes!

They are all back at school today!!! Woo Hoo.  I can't decide if I want to get out on the mountain, or clean my house and enjoy it staying clean ALL day : )

I'm so excited for all my kiddo's this year.  Emma is loving high school so far. She's adjusting to such a crowded campus (over 2200 kids, 650 freshman) and the waves of anxiety she has in crowded spaces. We are trying some over the counter remedies (think Calms).  She in enjoying PE so far and getting to run the track around the fancy football field.  This is also the first year she's taken a non academic elective. She has been taking Spanish as an elective up till this year.  We talked her into a "fun" class as we knew she had a heavy, intense schedule (including Principals of Biomedical Science?!)  So that class is photography....and she's loving it!

This kid got braces last week!

For Sophie, this is her first year not having a sibling at school with her, ever.  I've sold, and she's bought, this year as her first year to be "her".  Her style, her classes, her friends, her teachers.  She's not "Emma's little sister", or "Myles older sister".  She's "Sophie".   She has several teachers that Emma never had, and is taking classes Emma never took, like art.  She's super stoked for her art class, and already has her eye on the Art Academy at the high school.  Even clothes wise....Emma was always a sweats and t-shirt middle schooler, not into fashion at all, and that rubbed off on Sophie.  This year, however, she's all about cute clothes and bracelets and no pony tail, she wanted me to straighten her hair this morning.  She's doing 'her' and I think it's going to be a great year for her!



Myles has a great teacher this year.  I'm sure he'd be mortified to ever read this as he is very quiet ( I heard him speak for the first time this morning)....but he's that cool, quiet dude around campus.  He has a goatee, earrings, hip clothes, Star Wars shoes and baseball caps, plays the bagpipes, has 2 little girls....seems like a super nice, cool, dude.    I'm super optimistic that Myles is going to have a great year!  He has his 2 best buddies in his class, and a teacher who loves Disney.  He has his special services in place with now having an IEP.  I think we've done all we can to set him up to have a great year!

This is getting long...but we also had a very exciting, unexpected weekend.  Our van that Brian has been driving wouldn't start Friday after work.  With some help for the battery, he got home, but also the brakes are going out again.  We've replaced them many times, there's some issue that keeps wearing out the calipers really quick, like ever 20k miles.  And the registration is up this month and it needs smogged, and most likely wouldn't pass.    I'll do a separate post on CARMAX  and how much I love them...but let's just say Brian called and gave our info, said text me what I'm approved for, here's the 2 cars I'm interested in.  They text back the amount.  We went in, all the paper work was pre filled out on the comp, the 2 cars were sitting right in front of the store, Brian said I want to test drive that one, we did, took it, they printed out the papers, we signed and were done.  It was awesome. We were in and out in 1 hour.  Seriously.  It was like having a personal car shopper.  The next day we took the van in (it wasn't worth trading in) and they gave us $700 for it.  We were shocked, thought we'd get $400 tops, but would have even taken $1 just to be rid of it and not have all the expense of keeping it. So he now has a 2013 Chevy Equinox.
 

Ok.....decision time...mountain or clean house....OR BOTH! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment