Saturday, May 1, 2010

Emma's First 5K Road Race

SEE JANE RUN
REGISTRATION
Name Age Gender City State Category
----, Emma 8 F ----- California 5K Run

Emma is officially registered for her first 5K on the road! Watch out fellow See Jane 5Kers, she and her cousin will be hot on your heals : )
I've blogged about Emma's love of running before, but lets just say she really really loves it! She has done 2 previous 5k's that were trail runs w/near 1000 ft elevation gains. I am thinking she will be wondering why this 5k is all flat: )
She has been itching to do a "race" for a while now. She ran the reservoir with me 2 weeks ago and managed a 35 minute lap. Not too shabby for an 8 year old! And really, that was my 3rd lap, she had already ran up and down the hills on the first 2 laps, then managed a 35 minute lap on top of that!
So, when she got wind of this 'See Jane' thing, she started asking about the 5k. For those who don't know what See Jane is, there's a link on the side. There are 40ish sisters running either the half marathon or the 5k. Pretty amazing, and exciting!!
Anyhow,the down side of her not running the kids race is that I should be back from the half marathon in time to see the kids race, but I will be running during the 5k, so I wont get to see her. She doesn't know that though, and I would never hold her back from pushing herself! I know Brian will take pictures and motion sickness inducing video! This will be her cousins first 5k as well. He's manning up, and stepping up to the start with the ladies! Bubba, Sophie, and cousin Audrey and Uncle Shannon will form team Marro-Ham (?? ew) and take the kids race by storm. Only about a month left before the big day!! Should be a blast, we are so excited. Looking forward to celebrating every ones hard work and accomplishments!

1 comment:

  1. Emma ran a lap at the Res last night with me and shaved a minute off her last lap! She's in the zone : )

    ReplyDelete