Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today's Favorite Exercise

Russian Twists

Being a 30 something mother of 3, my abs receive twice the beatings as the rest of my body. I will never love my stomach, but I do enjoy working out in the privacy of my own home and being able to see some definition in my abs. My lower abs will probably never be visible : ) but thanks in part to Russian Twists, I can identify my obliques and upper abs. I do these weighted with 10 lbs in hand. This dudes legs are all loosy goosy, which is pretty lame. Keep your legs as together as you can. You can either keep them straight in front of you, or bent, twisting them the opposite direction of your upper body. But, don't be lame like this guy and just let them hang out, they should be working too! Only twist as far as your back allows, try to keep your back straight, not rounded. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a guy at the gym so this once, I have been hooked since then. It really works! Great post for getting it out there!

    ReplyDelete