Monday, August 9, 2010

Hubby is Away

You may have noticed that the hubby and I do everything together. Really, everything. Grocery shopping, going to get gas, paying the rent, getting healthy, running.....whatever it is, however routine and mundane, it's funner because we do it together.
After 9/11 happened, I hated that he worked in San Fran. It's only about 40 minutes away, but it's a train ride on BART, through the Trans BayTube, a walk of a few blocks in the city, and a day in a high rise away...plenty of opportunity for something to happen to him. I was thrilled when his office moved to our town in the East Bay and he was only a 5 mile, 30 minute bike ride away! Not only did it, in my mind, mean he was safer during the day,(if he would stop having bike accidents, this would be true!) but it meant we could see each other during the day.
Whats the point? The point is that when he's away I am a bit lost. He's about as away as he could get from CA. He flew into Providence, RI this morning and will be there until Thursday. Today he drove to Wallkill and took a tour, and was driving by Patterson to take a few pictures. He is excited to be back on the east coast, I can hear it in his voice. I know he treasures his days living in NY, and I am happy he has this opportunity to go on his works dime as we could never afford it.
That said, the idea of him taking BART into the airport, two different plane rides, and driving around on the east coast, then taking 2 planes home, and another BART ride.....I could probably use a drink and some CALMS but I'm on full parental duty, so that's not an option.
Plus, everything I do here feels wrong. The kids and I went for a run this morning...didn't feel right to be doing that w/the kids and not have him with us. Then we went to Target, wrong again, we never go w/o him. CVS, wrong. Craft store, wrong. Telling the kids they were in trouble when papa gets home tonight, wrong. I stayed up till midnight last night studying for tomorrows meeting because the room just didn't' feel right......that could have been because there were 3 kids asleep at the foot of the bed, though.
Anyways, cry me a river, I know. Some of you have hubbies who travel all the time and this probably sounds ridiculous to you. I'm just not used to it, at all.
Hubby, if you read this, I love you! Since I'm not there to back seat drive for you, please drive safe!! The chickens say 'Hi papa!'

5 comments:

  1. Brian, if you read this :
    STOP TAKING PICTURES WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING!!!! Are you crazy?? You just told me on the phone how crazy people drive back there....and nearly all the pics you emailed are from the car, while you are driving!!!! Put the camera down!
    I love you, but if you die in the car w/a camera in your hand I'm going to be so mad at you!
    : )
    Love you, DRIVE SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, hope the days go by fast for you! It's always harder being the one at HOME...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I were there with you!
    Hang in there. I love you and the chicks so much!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was there with you too...no really! :) You could come up here...so much fun.That would give you something to laugh about!
    And Big Brother STOP taking pictures while you are driving....I agree with your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more day to go....comming home tomorow...I love you soo much honey....I am not sleeping well myself.

    ReplyDelete