Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Papa, you have some blood"


I am half asleep when Brian leaves for work. He comes in, gives me a smooch, and leaves. Usually the girls are up, and Myles and I are asleep still. I hate when I am groggy, and I think I hear Brian in the house after I am pretty sure he already smooched me and left. It's never good, and has happened more than once now. I roll over and think "maybe I should get up and figure out what's going on" when I hear Sophie say, "Papa, you have some blood".
The reason it's never good for him to be home after he's left is that he rides his bike 5 miles each way to work. So if he's back home after he's set out on a ride....I know something hasn't gone right. I need him to act it out for me as I can't quite get what happened, but there was a shifting issue, and he was stopped at a red light, in traffic. When it turned green, he gave it his all to get moving w/traffic, but something happened w/the chain, and while the bike never moved, he endoed and face planted. Traffic stopped for him so he could get up and walk across 2 lanes to the side walk. This is what I saw when he walked into the bedroom......On the right is his elbow, which now matches his other elbow from the last time I had a groggy morning similar to today's. Above is his knee. There was more blood from things like fingers and hands, and major tire tread up the back of his calf that I tried to clean off, but it wouldn't budge. He got cleaned up and changed and I drove him into work, although his face was still oozing when I dropped him off. I am thinking he will feel like a truck hit him by lunchtime, but if not, we will run. He has a business trip to the east coast next week and we are both wondering what his face will be looking like, poor guy.

1 comment: