Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sometimes You Just Have to Stop

When I'm not training and I'm out on the trail, one of my favorite things to do is just stop.  When I'm training, I try to just focus on the run and my Garmin and getting in a set distance, in a decent for me time. Now, you know me well enough to know I always will find a way, training or not, to take in the beauty in my surroundings, and snap a picture of whatever strikes my fancy...but I don't usually just stop and be still and watch and listen on a training run.  But, when I'm not training, after I've been running for a good long stretch and all I'm thinking about is what's starting to hurt, or my pace, or how hard my hearts beating, and I haven't been paying attention to the beauty around me....I love to just stop. Stop, look, listen, smell.....take it all in.  As soon as I stop I realize I just went from being one runner out there suffering, to being surrounded by sounds and movement. There's so much going on other than me running through the woods...the woods are alive with activity.  I love just taking a second, sometimes minutes, to refocus, but more importantly to really appreciate where I am and how fortunate I am to be able to be there and see, hear, and smell it.  This video is nothing fancy, but it is one of those moments I stopped.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that the bird pooped in such a powerful way at the beginning was a bonus. He must be a trail runner bird.

    ReplyDelete