Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One of the Worst 'Mom Jobs'


Ugh, I hate vaccine day!! Even more than my kids!! My little man was so sweet this morning telling me that "it only hurts a little, there's just a little pinch and then I get a lollipop!" He is such a brave little guy. Of course though, when he sees the needle come out, the fear sets in. It doesn't help that they lay him down on the table and tell me to lay across him and hold him down. That's the part I hate. This is nothing new, they've done it that way since we have gone there, 8 years, give or take. For a few years, Brian became the designated vaccine parent. There was an incident when Emma was 4. I did my job of holding down her upper body, but she kicked the nurse with her free leg, the one that wasn't getting the shot.....she then had me and 2 nurses holding her down. That was the last time I took them in for a few years.
Bubba is such a sweet little guy that I have no fear of him kicking anyone, I just feel bad holding him down. He got 4 separate shots today, 2 in each thigh. He didn't even cry, there was some nervous faces, and he held a crunch the whole time so he could see what was going on down there, but he never attempted to move his arms, which I was holding down against his chest. Once the nurse was done and putting the band aids on he said "thank you" to her....did I already say how sweet he is???
As far as the appointment itself, he is all good. He is 3 inches taller than his sisters were at 4, and a few lbs more, too. Dr. said he looks like he's getting too much sun exposure.....is there such a thing?? Just kidding, yeah, I know, I have some of the tannest kids around and need to invest in sunblock. Doesn't help that his hair is basically white, so if he has any color at all it looks like he is super dark. That said, yes, he gets too much sun : )
On the way out he did get his lollipop, a toy out of the treasure chest in the office, and then we went to Target where he picked out a pink fake rose for Sophie, and some of those party blower things that unravel when you blow them an have sparkly stuff hanging off them. He is currently running around the house blowing them and saying "Surprise!"

No comments:

Post a Comment