Friday, January 14, 2011

A Few Things.....

I know I have been sporadic with my posts, as well as topics....hasn't been much talk lately about planks or fartleks. I apologize, and thank those of you who continue to check in daily. I see you on my stat counter, and though I have no idea who most of you are, I refer to you as my "cities"...as in Canton, Pasco, Acworth, LA, Pleasanton, Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Reno, ect....I see you and know that you are here on a regular basis checking in. Thank you for hanging in there the past month and a half.
That said, this is another random post : )

First, for those in the Bay Area, this weekend should be gorgeous!! The weather is supposed to be clear and in the 60's, which is a heat wave compared to the past few weeks. Should be a great weekend to get out to one of the State Parks! All California National parks will have free admission this weekend, Jan 15-17. Here is a short list of the biggies that would make for a great weekend -
Cabrillo National Monument
• Death Valley National Park
• John Muir National Historic Site
• Joshua Tree National Park
• Lassen Volcanic National Park
• Lava Beds National Monument
• Muir Woods National Monument
• Pinnacles National Monument
• San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
• Sequoia National Park
Whiskeytown Unit National Recreation Area
• Yosemite National Park

Second bit of randomness - Our friend Micaela H. of Drifter and the Gypsy has launched her photography site. You may remember that she has done a few photo shoots with our girls for different projects. She is absolutely amazing and I look forward to watching her over the next few years to see where her talents take her. I will say that I nearly spit my coffee out when reading her bio today and seeing that she we born in 1994. I know her age, but man, seeing it in print makes me feel really old. Anyways, check out her new site when you have a minute. There are quite a few pictures of our girls in the "Moments" and "Projects" sections.

And a third bit....Emma, the 8 yr old, was supposed to be on her first field trip of the year today, and I with her. She has been so looking forward to it. They had a fundraiser earlier this year to help pay for it, and well, it was kind of a big deal. She was going to hold a gopher snake, and it's all I heard about all week. Well, she started puking at 2 a.m. this morning, and again at 7, then the runs set in... and not "runs" as in "miles". We got some toast, bananas, and Pepto into her and she said she was feeling ok. I so badly wanted her to be able to go that I was willing to go for it up until the last minute and see if she would make it. We headed to school and getting out of the car she started to lose her stomach again and said her head feels funny when she stands but when she sits she's fine. ARG!!! I feel so bad for her, I know she is so disappointed. She is currently snuggled into her bed in her room watching Noggin. Hopefully it passes as fast as it came on!!

Ok, that's it for me. I am working on a decent post w/before and afters of the new house and possibly something health/exercise/diet/running/racing related since that is what this blog is supposed to contain, right??

I leave you with this lesson I learned yesterday...If you are working out in a room at home that has a ceiling fan, make sure you are positioned in the room correctly before doing anything that involves jumping.

3 comments:

  1. Nice visual on that last sentence. :-) haha hope your noggins ok
    ~J

    ps hope Emma gets well soon. Tell her Uncle Jim says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, tell Emma how much I love her and that I hope she feels better real soon. XOXO

    Uncle Randy said he hopes your either your head is OK, or the fan can be fixed!

    Love to all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you for the little shout-out! The photographs of the girls are still some of the best photos I've ever taken and once I get a few shoots out of the way I've been working on, I will definitely be collaborating with you guys again :)

    ReplyDelete