Monday, January 17, 2011

Yesterdays Adventure

So we have been telling the kids we would take them for a hike in the hills behind our new place. We set out yesterday around 2:30 on what was to be the first of many hikes in said hills. Here's how it went......






My poor boy! Little did I know when I woke up this morning that it would be the last day I would see his sweet face without a scar running across it : ) We got all of 2 houses down the street and he ran into the tailgate of a truck that was down and sticking out of a driveway.
Remember that post I did about how holding your kid down to get vaccines was the worst parent job ever?? Not true. Talking him through getting 2 sets of stitches is way worse. It was my first time seeing the process and it's pretty gnarly. He got about 6 shots in each cut, then the rinsing out of the cuts, sticking a long Q-tip in and cleaning them out, then the sewing with what looks like a fish hook.....he was so brave though. He had no problem getting strapped into the blue board, screamed amazingly loud during the shots, but then did ok. I think he read my latest Runners World mag about having a mantra you repeat to keep yourself going during long runs...his was "I want to go home" over and over again.
That's one way to meet the neighbors, right? The man came out and felt terrible!! He said to bring him by when he gets cleaned up and he can play catch w/his 2 Labs and that he would take him for a ride in the yard on his quad. Really nice guy. Really nice neighbors all the way around. I had the lady right next to us show up on the front porch in her apron with freshly baked apple brownies!
So it wasn't the adventure we had planned, but an adventure none the less! A huge Thank You to the Valvick's for letting us drop the girls off on the way to Urgent Care! They had fun.
Maybe we will try the hike again today??

4 comments:

  1. PS - the Neighbor just stopped by to visit Bubba. He brought a mega pack of Hot Wheels and a nice card saying he will keep his tailgate up from now on : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an adventure. What a tough kid. Give him big hugs for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW poor guy and poor you!!!! That's horrible!!!! Tough boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Guy!!I am sure he will heal up great!! matthew had several stiches across his head when he was 3 ish, but no scar today!!

    ReplyDelete