Monday, January 10, 2011

Florida.....or Flo-rida??

Hi!
We are moved : ) Our street name will sound totally different depending on what mood I am in!
Today is the last day of chaos. Brian took today off and the girls are at school, so we hope to accomplish a lot today.
We love the new place! It feels so warm and cozy and comfortable..not sure if its the squishy carpet, amazing heating system, new paint on the walls.....cant figure it out but it already feels like home.
We cleaned out the old place yesterday..as in finale cleaning of everything....we were interrupted about 5 times by people wanting in to look at the place....but that is a whole story in itself. We turn the keys in today and then it's water under the bridge and not our headache anymore.
The kids love their new rooms and yard. We had some amazing friends come help on Friday night which we were not expecting, so we were able to get a lot done including putting all our beds together the first night. Their rooms were totally together and in order by Saturday. We had some other friends here Saturday that were a ton of help since I was a little dazed by then. The hubby- friend got the kids swings hung in the back yard, while the wife-friend helped me arrange the living and family rooms and hang curtains and unpacked my kitchen while Brian and I took the truck back.
Even though it was a "moving" weekend, we had a good time and again we realize what great friends we have. We totally appreciate all of your help!
The only down side has been eating "moving" food and not getting any runs in last week and only 2 workouts. I am seeing the lbs add up quickly and find myself with a weight loss goal which is something I haven't had to really think about for 3 years now. I know our normal way of eating and our normal active lifestyle keep me where I am comfortable w/o having to constantly be on top of every calorie....but man when there is a bump in the road and our "normalcy" goes out the window, I have to stay on top of it!
Ok.......have to get the day going!!
Thanks again to all of you who took time out of your life and weekend to help us!

2 comments:

  1. Was so thrilled to hear from you! I had evey confidence that you would have everything cozy and homey in no time. I never worry about you "way down there in CA" because I know you have wonderful supportive friends that will go the extra mile for you.
    "Thank you" to all involved from a grateful Mom/Grandma!
    I am looking forward to seeing your new home.
    I love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are at home already!!!!

    ReplyDelete