Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"They're gonna eat my cupcakes without me?!"

I know, I know, I need to get a new post up!!

I just haven't had the time to do it. I need to dump my camera and get some fresh pictures for you. I've had some great runs to share with you, and a slippen and slidin video from this mornings run.

In other news, about 10 minutes after I got my last post up, I got a call to pick up Myles from school. He had been there 1.5 hours and was in the potty 5 times. Sadly, he was also star of the week, which is a big deal. It's the only time of the year he gets to bring a treat, and he had picked out cupcakes that morning at Safeway. The bakery manager overheard him wishing they had rings in them and in no time she had 3 dozen cupcakes and was putting Kung Fu Panda rings in them. He was so excited!  And then .....he got sent home from class BEFORE it was cupcake time!!  He got sent home with no cupcake while his class got to eat them. I was so heartbroken for him I was in tears. And of course, he said he felt fine when I picked him up. He had no fever, and I made the decision to take a calculated risk of stopping at Ross on the way home. All I needed was a purse, mine is literally falling apart. I grabbed a purse (I really don't care about purses, just need something cheap to carry stuff in, so I just grabbed the cheapest one I could find which was hot pink and zebra print, joy), headed to check out and Myles yells out "I'm gonna barf!". So I run with him to the bathroom, swing open the ladies room door and he gets his head in the door and pukes....covers the entire ladies room floor.....get ready for it.....they made me clean it up. Seriously, handed me garbage bags and paper towels.  I asked if I could at least get a mop and was denied.  So I had Myles stay in a stall while I crawled around cleaning up puke, telling the ladies they could not come in whenever the door opened.
That was all on Friday, by Sunday morning he was slowing down, and by Monday he was better, went to school Tuesday. I felt woozy, swirly, dizzy, and like a wilting flower Sat and Sunday, but was able to pull it together to run w/Brian on Monday.  Tuesday, yesterday, Emma came home from school sick - dizzy, headache, upset stomach.  So....we just need to get her through it and wait for Sophie to get it and then hopefully we'll be good to go.  Oh, it was also science fair project weekend, and we went to the drive in Monday night to see Escape from Planet Earth. Myles and Sophie's first time at the drive in. Good times.
So that is what we've been doing.
I will try to dump pics and get a running post up tonight while watching Survivor.
Oh, and Myles did end up with a dozen of his very own cupcakes. Not quite the same as being the cool guy who brings cupcakes w/rings for his class....but it's the best I could do!

1 comment:

  1. oh, and the raggedy falling apart purse lives to see another day, I did not get a new one.

    ReplyDelete