Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Camping

We are heading out tomorrow ( Wednesday) for our first camping trip as a family. Definitely a different experience as an adult than a child. I am now understanding things don't pack themselves, tents don't get put up by themselves, lists of what to bring, making sure nothing gets forgotten, everyone has clothes packed....none of that 'just happens'. So, THANK YOU mom for all the great camping trips we had as kids! I am know understanding all the 'behind the scene' things that go on to make a camping trip successful! And Angela, thank you for answering my endless questions about what and how much of what to pack. I hope my own kids don't remember the chaos that has gone on around the house the past few days and only remember how much fun they had over the next 4 days. The lake is up, the weather will be upper 90's during the day, and we have a great, shady spot, lake side. Soph can't stop talking about the 'whopper' she is going to catch and the bears she will scare away w/her whistle. Em wants to roast "Brats". Bub wants to finally sleep in the tent we have had for over a year. Good times, and lots of pics to come!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I love you so much! I know this first trip will be a learning experience. Have a great time! Moo

    ReplyDelete