Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sweet Video

San Fran Marathon offers 2 half marathon options, you pick the first 13.1 of the full marathon, or the second 13.1 of the full marathon. Here is a video of a father and daughter running the first half of the full together last year. Note 2 things....how steep the hill is up to the GG Bridge, and how the dads breathing sounds after he has climbed it and is starting over the bridge. Of all the hills, this is the one that has me most concerned. That said, we are both feeling the excitement!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, I did the first half of the S.F. marathon (my first event) four years ago and I don't remember that hill being too bad. You have done Lafayette Res. loads of times so you can do hills, plus the gentleman in the video is considerably older than you. I'm sure you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pat! I know I can do it, just have to stop thinking about it : ) The more I think, the more I start to doubt myself. I can always make Brian get behind me and push! : )
    No, really though, it will be fine. I know we can do it, and have fun along the way!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete