Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So Done With the Long Run

Last long run, 22 miler, is done for this training go round. We headed out on the trail at about 5:30 last night. We waited until evening hoping for some cooling. It was in the 90's during the day, but did cool down quite nicely in the evening, and was cold by the time we finished.
A highlight was getting a text from a friend at the half way point that simply said "You can do it, last long run!" I had no idea how much I would need it, and would repeat it over and over again during the following 3 hours.
We finished up well into the dark night, got back to the car a little after 10....yes, there is much more to this story, but that is all I will say about the run itself.
I do want to say again, how much the support of friends and family means to Brian and I. Even those of you who may not really "get" the whole running thing, yet are still encouraging and supportive.....it means a lot.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment