Monday, October 18, 2010

A Few More Brazen Moments......



These are pictures taken on course by the wonderful volunteer photographers. I am so glad they were able to catch a few pictures of Emma! She was way ahead of me on this one, so I wasn't able to see her while she was running. Her face says it all! She was having a blast out there!
This is Emma after climbing the hill and making it back down to the bottom. I asked her if she ate anything, as last year the aid station with all the 'treats' was such a big deal to her. She said no, she just swiped her water and kept going.
This is me and Sophie on the single track. This wonderful photographer had some very neat, pink, sparkly eye shadow that had Sophie talking up a storm for the next little bit of the run. : )
Here we are done with the single track, have come down the fire road through a parking area where we thought we would see Brian and Myles but didn't, and are heading into the aid station at the bottom of the hill.
This picture cracks me up. The photographer caught about 5 pictures of us standing here at the aid station (we were there for a few minutes as i wanted Soph to feel totally ready to head up the hill). So we were talking to the volunteers for a bit, then all of a sudden I look up (right after this picture) and Sophie has taken off up the hill without me! You can see her in front of the lady in blue who is heading up. I said "ok, I guess she's ready!", and we headed up.

Thanks again to the volunteers and photographers for making it a special morning for us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment