Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If you know me, you know how I dread the fall and winter months. The fear of regaining weight is always there as soon as the weather gets that cool, crisp feeling. I know I am probably sounding anal about this, seeing as we are going into winter #3 now, but the fear is still there. Baking, cooking in the crock pot, Toffee Lattes, Cranberry Bliss Bars....you guys know what I'm talking about. This time of year is full of potential set backs. In some ways it is even easier to justify eating the junk because of knowing I can 'run it off' whenever needed. The good news is that the majority of the time I don't want to eat garbage, and we don't have any in the house if I did want it. I hate the feeling of having ate too much, having a full stomach, being tired, feeling off from too much sugar, feeling puffy from too much salt....all of it, hate it all.
So, when I logged in yesterday to do my workout and saw Jillian's Fall Forward Challenge, it was on like Donkey Kong! After setting a few goals, I hit submit on my form and with that click committed to 9 weeks of doing what it takes to meet those goals. Nothing extreme, more like cut back on snacks (yes, there is such thing as too many bananas), giving every workout 110% (yes, there is such thing as too many 30 second breaks), giving every run 110% (break the stopping for water too often habit and pushing my comfort zone), and finally breaking the 4:40 marathon mark. So basically, no more phoning it in. I need to re-energize my commitment to myself to get on top of my game again. Re evaluate my diet, both in habits, and content. Refocus on my workouts and runs, and recommit to always giving myself 110%. I think after 3 years I may have gotten comfortable, and that is scary for me. I know this is a way of life, and most aspects of it have now gotten to be a part of our normal routine, but with the 'comfort' of that can easily come a relaxing of some of the things that got us to where we are now. I don't want to become relaxed in my routine or my eating habits. I want to keep challenging myself and setting goals, and moving forward.
So my 9 weeks started with a double beating yesterday. Yep, Monday's missed workout was in the morning. I had my dr's appt Monday and a sick kid home, so it was missed. Then I did my personal study and studied for meeting (which is my normal routine on Tuesdays). Then after lunch I did Tuesdays workout. It felt amazing, and hardcore! I do feel like I have been hit by a truck today, but I feel like I dented the truck and it didn't dent me!
Here's to the next 9 weeks, and another successful, healthy winter!
----------------------------
I just got a call from the Dr about the Vitamin D test/experiment. She said I have the best vitamin D level she has ever seen come back from a patient. She again congratulated me on my lifestyle changes, and added that she would expect with a level that high to be sending me to a dermatologist in the future, but for now, I'm doing great! Yeah : )

No comments:

Post a Comment