Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Give In............

Yeah, I know. You won't hear me say it very often, but I am throwing in the towel. Cold, Runny nose, sore throat...you win. Take over now, go flown blown.....just get it over with. I totally give up fighting you, just bring in on full force, get it over with, and be gone! You have worn me out, I am tired of fighting you. I am out of vitamin C to chew to keep you at bay. I am done arguing with myself about whether or not to keep pushing myself through your nastiness. No more running with you in me No more fighting, you win. I will not keep running and convincing myself I am not getting more worn down, ignoring my burning lump of a throat and nose on fire and dripping. I won't keep pretending I am not overly tired and that my head doesn't' hurt. And, if that calf cramp last night has anything to do with you conspiring w/the rest of my body to get me to slow down, well, YOU WIN. See, the only thing is is that I have this run with my girls this weekend. It means the world to me to have them out on the trail with me, and I don't want to miss it. Oh, and there 's also this thing called Two Cities Marathon that I only have 2 weeks left of hard training for. So, I am giving you 2 days. You have me for today and tomorrow, whatever you want me to do I am at your mercy. No running, working out, up water intake, meds (yes, i will take pills for you...that's major for me), naps, go to bed early, whatever you demand...for 2 days. That's the deal. So get in gear, bring it on, give me all you got and lets just get this over with.
Deal?

2 comments: