Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Monday's Run


The hubby has been home so far this week. He has an ongoing problem w/his tonsils and they are infected and swollen and gross right now. So, what that means for me is that I have running options that I don't normally have : ) Meaning, I can leave the youngest home and not have to push the jogger stroller....which meant I should probably do a run that I don't do when I have to push the jogger stroller....which meant I was heading to the Lafayette Reservoir! Emma wanted to come with me, which was a treat. She is such a trooper, this kid. I love that her pace is my comfortable, "I haven't been running as much as normal, and the res is going to kick my booty" pace. She gets around it in 32 minutes, which is decent for most adults. Brian and my fastest lap was 24 minutes, in our best shape....which I am not in....so we were comfortably running at the same pace is what I am trying to get at.

Anyways, when we left the house I was thinking we may get a bit of rain, but by the time we were at the res it was beautiful! Sunny, blue sky, steam coming up off of everything...I love how vivid the colors are this time of year. The greens are so bright!

It was one of those great runs. Everything seemed perfect. We both had super fresh legs and were surprised that we ran up all the hills with little burn. When we finished, we took our time on the top of the dam. We agreed that neither of us wanted to go home yet. Papa's sick. Sophie and Bubba are too loud. It' s probably foggy at home still. Let's stay and count pelicans for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment