Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Run With a View


Hee, Hee, Hee....(maybe not the view you were thinking of : )
We headed out at noon yesterday with all 3 kids (Winter Break). It has rained for the past week, so we have not been running as much as we would like, but yesterday and today we have had about a 2 hour window around noon, so we are finally getting it done!!
Again I have to say how much I love having both girls on their bikes finally! Partly because I am just proud of Sophie for finally getting the training wheels off, and partly because having her on the trail makes for some good Fartlek action. I am never sure if she'll stop at the street crossings, or make it up the hills w/o a helping hand pushing her....so there are times I have to pick it up to catch up to her.
Yesterday she took her first bad spill, with in feet of the end of the run she lost it and took her feet off the brakes and ended up laying in the bushes in front of Brian's office. She took a bolt on a manhole cover thing in the knee, so she is sporting a green knee today, but we are getting her back out there today to "get back on the horse".
When she crawled out of the bush yesterday her first words were "I don't want to ride my bike again" and I instantly heard in my head "Never let your horse see you cry", and "when you fall off, get right back on"......I said neither to her but instead said "don't ever take your feet off the pedals or you have no way to brake"......yeah, I doubt that will stick with her when she's 33, but if I used a horse analogy she would have no idea what I was talking about! Such different childhoods, my kids and I, yet the same in many ways.
Anyhoo, here are a few pics from yesterday's run....
Love you, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment