Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tuesday's Run


Emma and I had such a great run on Monday that on Tuesday Sophie wanted in on the action. We headed out around one, just as the rain started. No worries, I had warned them both if they went it was going to be cold and wet. They each sported one of our Fresno marathon hats, and were good to go. We went to the reservoir again as Brian was home again. Although I would have loved to get a quicker run in as it was pretty wet, I knew it would be slower than yesterday with some shorter legs running with us today, and that was ok, too. I love that my girls want to run with me, and I know soon enough they will be leaving me in their dust, so I am enjoying these runs together while they last!
That cute, tiny red snake??? I got a stick to move it off the pathway and it stood up like a cobra! The girls squealed and were positive it was poisonous and going to bite me. I wasn't' so sure it wouldn't bite me as it was super feisty, but I got him off the path none the less. I will now convince them I am a mighty cobra fighter, and they will tell their friends. : )












It is always a treat to see the white pelicans. Years ago when they started showing up at the res, there were always only 1 pair. Today we counted 9 pelicans!

No comments:

Post a Comment