Monday, May 27, 2013

Holy Mt Climbers!!!

Brian and I just summitted Diablo...for fun!!!
Who does that??
PR's for both of us over our fastest race time!
3:45 for Brian.
3:55 for me.
Previous fastest race time was 3:56.

I woke up, made a cup of coffee, walked outside and realized it was overcast and cold. 
Went in and woke up Brian and before I knew what I was saying I uttered the words, "Hey, do you want to summit Diablo today?"

I'm so glad we did! The weather was perfect. Cold, windy, with a fogged in summit, and cold rain the entire descent : ) Perfect running conditions for me!

This was my 3rd summit of Diablo, following Coastal's 13.1 course. It felt the best, by far! Was still running strong at the end. I think part of the runners high came from knowing we just did it to do it, not because it was race day...and that we both PR'd!! 13.9 miles, 3420 ft, with no aid stations!
Woot!!
I'll have pictures up later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment