Sunday, December 9, 2012

Los Vaqueros Reservoir

First I start you with this gift from the trail. Rock City must love me! The funny thing is I knew when I brushed up against a bare twig what it was as there was a faint stingy-tingle...I had the nerve to say, "I just brushed up against poison oak, but I think I'm immune to it because I'm always walking through stuff and haven't gotten any".  At least it's just this one spot.
This is looking north at Mt Diablo, the summit is on the left peak.

Inside the interpretive center. We were the only people anywhere to be found.

Bobcat, very common. The guy said he sees them on a regular basis, they come down to drink.

We had to walk up a road to get to the trail head, he already found his stick, a priority at the start of every hike.


Then we headed up. We started at the dam end....that's all there is is a dam. The far end had the marina and docks and more action.

The first half was pretty much just like this the entire way.




Diablo looked so different from here. A factoid- Brazen's 50k ran through the valley down there, then we went up over the ridge on the left.


Trail sandwich, nice and squished. Brian was given some raspberry-key lime jelly at work, it was so good!












Found something I hadnt' seen in many years, kids wanted to know how I knew what it was : )  There's so much they don't know about me.

We saw this pretty large bunny as we were leaving.
There are many many trails to explore, a large section of which are closed right now.  It's a beautiful area, though, with challenging trails!  Fyi, we used the entrance off of Walnut, it cost $4 at the booth, and the booth guy, the sheriff, and the guy at the center all were more than friendly and recommended their favorite routes.

More pictures HERE.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! And RASPBERRY KEY LIME JELLY???!!! Ahhhh!!! Salivating over here ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady, I so missed you today! I did those pin-curls in Sophie's hair today for meeting, so wanted you there to see them! I love the hair posts you've added to your blog!
      And the jelly...sooo good!!

      Delete