Monday, December 3, 2012

"Take Me to the River....

Drop me in the water"- Big Mouth Billy Bass
(who knows what I'm talking about....it makes a good "you might be a redneck if you know what this is")
Anyways, here's a few pics from today's adventure mentioned earlier today....after I actually thought about the timing of this run....I think I may have been a bit hard on myself....4.7 miles, climbing 710 feet in 2.35 miles, with 22 creek crossings, in 1:15...with a mid-creek potty break and taking 45 pictures...means when I was actually running it was going at a decent pace : )

This is the paved road leading into the park. My best estimate is that the creek has come down about 12 ft, but it had clearly been up over the road at one point!

So happy to see water in the creek!

A little rock slide.

Wow, this scared me a bit, there's usually a tiny little stream down there...the whole area was flooded.


Creek crossing #1...no I won't post all 22

No, this is not when I went potty

another crossing


This tree looked so strange, it was steaming from the sun.


The deepest one was about knee deep, this wasn't it

If you look close, you can make out a debris line on the far side..it was about 12 of my feet up the trail...It would have been quite a sight to see the creek coming through that high!

This is a spot I normally take a picture of myself in front of the tall reeds...but today they were napping and the creek was flowing over and down into a spill way thingy

Oddly enough, it wasn't until way out here that there was any mud...sticky Diablo suck your shoes off mud.

And this is where I had to turn around. There is a section on the left that looks like trail but is ankle deep mud, the rest of the trail was flowing creek. This section was the out and back on Brazen's Trail Challenge 10k....looked nothing like this.



There's more pictures Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment