Monday, December 17, 2012

Stiff

Sums up how I feel right now.

Brian and I have some goals set and some races we have our eyes on, which is a good thing. It has meant, however, dialing everything back in. Nutrition, workouts, and runs...back in check, big time.

We haven't been training for anything for a long time! Since we both work the same way, this has meant we've really relaxed in what we eat, how often and how long we run, as well as workout.  Don't get me wrong, we have still been running and working out, just not with a specific purpose, which for me takes a little too much intensity out of both activities.

Today started week 3 of me getting back to my 'training' ways. There have been some great runs in there, and many tough workouts. Many days of waking up sore(workout sore, not injured sore) and not letting it stop me from getting my workout/run done.  Today (and every day I can manage it time wise) was a workout - run - workout day.  It feels so good to pull off double days with a solid run in the  middle!  The year of our first marathon I trained this way, but with it being run - workout - run..2 a days at the res = getting you into great shape!  Currently, I am admittedly far from my best shape, but it feels great to be getting back to a similar routine!  Todays run felt solid. I was able to shave 2 minutes off my previous time for this route, and it was raining, which automatically makes me feel tougher.

Nothing hurts, I'm pain free and uninjured....but man am I stiff at the end of the day!
(I am stretching and rolling, no worries)

I'll post what runs we are doing as soon as we register and it's official, but there should be some full's and a 50k on the list!


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the list - hopefully there will be some duplication with our list!

    Getting into Way Too Cool (along with Diane) has meant that we have get down to serious training, and so I've finally started. No more coasting. (Still not a quarter of what you do, but it's a start.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You both got in?? That is awesome!!!
      So cool that you both get to do it, and that Mrs is going after a 50k! Are you gonna make her a froggy hat??

      Delete
    2. Ok, looked at the list, saw you two!!Looks like quite a few of the Brazen Nation got in, including Mr and Mrs Brazen! You guys are going to have a blast!!

      Delete