Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ah, the life

Yeah, the day after a long run isn't too bad!!
Nothing but laying around, tanning in the back yard, reading my Runners World and Trail Runner mag, have my Pandora station set to Hawaiian music, kids playing in the pool.....man, this training thing is tough : ) Not to mention one of the articles in RW was on the need for endurance athletes to get 8-10 hours of sleep, especially in the 2 weeks leading up to the event.....better try to fit a few naps in : )

Wed and Thurs will be back to the grind, workouts and an 8 tomorrow and a 13 on Thurs...then 3 days of sitting at the D.C. Maybe slip my Saucony's in my bag and run some stairs at the Cow Palace?? : )

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about running those stairs they are pretty narrow up to the nosebleed section. I have a feeling the attendants might have something to say about running anyway. I always thought those ramps would be fun to run though but there again those attendants will definitely have something to say. I was trying to figure out how to get some exercise in this weekend too and it doesn't look to promising. Check out the ad on page 11 of the TR mag. Cracked Allen and I up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hard week. :) Enjoy the District Convention. Amazing program!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running stairs at the Cow Palace while humming Hawaiian music? I doubt anyone would even notice. They've got to have showers around there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two...well, you know how they get when you don't treat them as individuals!?
    I wonder how long it took to get that sort of an ad into a trail runner mag?? I think it should have at least had some mud splatter on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beth, speaking of mud splatter when I looked at the cover I thought our mail person had dropped it in the mud. Cracked me up to realize it was the picture. I just can't believe they could use the boo-- word in an ad. Didn't bother me, just surprised me.
    On a totally different note I went to clean the Convention sight today and I am so excited for the start of the DC, woo hoo! Turns out we are going to try and get a quick walk/run in each day afterwards! Yipee!!

    ReplyDelete