Friday, September 21, 2012

Nerves.........

 I really can't believe this is happening tomorrow.  I was talking w/my mom on the phone yesterday, and she asked if I was ready.  I've been thinking about it ever since.  I guess I'm ready.  About as ready as I was for my first ever trail run, lol.  Tomorrow will be much the same as that day....watching, observing, learning as much as possible, trying not to look terrified or stick out like a newbie.  I'm more curious about how it all works than I am concerned w/my actual performance.  In a way that takes some pressure off, but I make up for that in nervousness about trying something new, with a new "type" of athlete and crowd that I've never experienced.  It should be interesting, and hopefully fun. My only goal is to relax, learn and take in as much as possible, and have fun!
I normally would not print my full name, but the 10 of you who stop by the blog already know my name.  I am still surprised to see the word "Duathlon" on there.

3 different bibs, yes, i asked for an explanation of what was for what, and where on the bike/helmet to put it.

I did a few alterations, bib for shirt

bib for bike

bib for front of helmet
Here's to new adventures, and taking a step closer to my long term goal of tri's!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you tricked out your bibs! You are going to do great and, most importantly, have a blast. You beat Diablo last week - how hard can this be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear all about how it went! You will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete