Monday, September 24, 2012

See Jane Duathlon 2012 - In Pictures

My bike w/the see jane bag underneath it, next to the Beast's

Our row, I can still spot the flames on my bike bib #32, but that's the only way I know which bike is mine, they all look the same.
and now....Where is my bike???
that's me in red getting my bib # marked onto my thigh
 


Rachel, Sarah, The Beast, and Me

I dont' remember taking this one, but I love it! The kids had fun playing on the beach waiting for things to get underway

Life guards heading out to the swim course

Me not believing this is really about to happen!


I can't believe I got body marked!!

me and the Beast

killing time during the hour+ delay

I spotted Willard from Footloose!!

I didn't get the 'pink' memo...getting set to start the duathlon
I'm in the middle waving

Running an 8:26 mile and getting high fives!
This is the only shot of me on the bike since I can't carry my camera on the bike, I'm in red back there.
  
The first run and bike are now over, and all I have to do is knock out this 3 miles!! Still just super excited to be doing this!



So it got into the 90's on this day, it was about 85 at this point, and as you can see there was not a speck of shade unless I hid behind someone in their shadow! This was a long out and back, and at this point i was heading out to the turn around.
Now I'm super happy, I've made the turn around and am now heading back to the finish area, in the distance by the beach.




And then I finished!!
 

While i was running/biking, Myles caught 2 Bass!

So Happy!!
Really, though?? This medal is about the size of a quarter!! I want a Brazen size medal, please!!


Results are HERE

Race Recap is HERE

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures - thanks for posting them! And the medal is fine - nice size for being discretely worn to a fine celebration dinner.

    ReplyDelete