Friday, September 28, 2012

The Beast Surrounded by Beauty


I love this picture!!  It's from our run last week, a run when The Beast said she needed "around 3 flat, soft miles."  So I suggested we run out the bottom of Castle Rock, but when we got to the turn around at 1.5 miles, The Beast says, "turn around already?? Where does that trail go??"  Which ended up in a 6 mile run w/close to 1000ft of climbing! In this pic, we were heading down Little Yosemite Trail to run back out the bottom of the valley.  I love this picture, it reminds me how small and insignificant we really are, surrounded by such beautiful land.  I have a few more great shots from this run....of us stepping gingerly between a trail full of mother cows and their babies who were to the side of the trail....but this one of The Beast deserved a post of its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment