Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just Keep Pushing.....

Well, we have hit it. The point in training when the legs seem to stay in a state of tiredness. The small twinges of pain that start to appear at this point in training.....well they have began to show themselves.
It seems like one of the predictable parts of our training cycle is that at around the 18 mile long run point is when training really does become a test, when it starts to become difficult. Physically, and mentally. This is where I have the advantage of telling myself that I have done this before, and I know I can do it, I know I am capable of completing this process of pushing the body and getting it where it needs to be to complete 26.2 miles.
Training isn't just about putting in miles. It's about feeling the fatigue and the twinges of pain, and still going. That is the hard part.
So, even though my legs are tired, and I am feeling a few of my old, predictable aches and pains.....I need to get up off my butt and go meet my husband for our lunch time running date.

No comments:

Post a Comment