Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer time.....

Sorry for not doing a decent post lately....
we are still training and running and working out. Things have been crazy since school got out, having all three kids home everyday takes a few weeks of adjusting. Weather has switched to summer...runs have switched to late evening...pool is up, a way bigger pool than last year, not the blow up kind but the build the metal frame kind....garden is growing.
San Fran marathon is getting very close. Partly wishing we were doing the half, but I know I would regret it. We have 3 long runs left, the weekends look like this starting with todays run - 16, 13, 18, 13, 20, taper, 26.2. We have enough weeks that we could do multiple 20+ mile long runs, but we really dont' want to push our legs too hard. We have trained that way before, and trained how we currently have it set up before, and prefer going into San Fran on fresh legs rather then beat up legs. Our main focus for the next 6 weeks will be leaning out and getting some weight off. My joints do a lot better about 7 lbs under where I am now. I know, 7 lbs....but it really does make a huge difference when talking about running 26.2. My knees and hips appreciate a leaner me. So that is my main focus. Eating lean, lots of chicken, fish, and veggies. Not worried about getting the runs in as that is non optional, skipping one just isn't an option.
That's it for now, I promise a decent post w/pictures soon.......

1 comment:

  1. Dani signed us and the kids up for the progressive marathon. So we will be doing a 5k that day with paperwork showing we have done a marathon in gradual mileage and then will get a progressive medal. I doubt we will see you because your race starts so much earlier than ours. Have fun and happy training!

    ReplyDelete