Monday, October 3, 2011

Do You Have Your Own Theme Music??

So do you guys have a song that is your running theme music?? Like if someone made a video of you running, do you know automatically, no question, the song that would be your theme music??

Running w/music is relatively new for Brian and I. While I don't listen to music out on the trails, I have to admit that I have grown to love it when on the road/paved city trails!

So after a recent new music "dump" from ITunes, I have a play list that kicks butt!! Call me old school if you must, but I love my Weezer, Blink 182, Green Day, Cake, Presidents of the United States of America, Foo Fighters, EMF....I have some Gaga, Hot Chelle Rae, Nelly, Flo Rida, Enrique, and Alicia Keys/Jay-Z thrown in there (to name a few), but it's my old school stuff that really gets me going.

So what would be MY song, you ask?? For sure, hands down, no question - Cake's "The Distance"!!!! You have to have the right earphones (mine are Skull Candy ) to get the deep bass, but man, that song fires me up every time, and during the song every time the chorus kicks in I get a boost. The lyrics may be about a race car,(or maybe not??), but it translates well to running, and parallels the fact that we are all out there for our own reasons, but there is something that drives us all.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song!!
(I looked hard for a video w/no pictures so you didn't have to watch some dumb video, this is just lyrics and music....wait, that's kinda dumb too I guess)



So lets hear it, do you have your own theme music when you run? Or maybe just a favorite song to run to? Or do you prefer no music?

3 comments:

  1. Weezer, Blink 182 - old school? I keep forgetting you're just a kid! Give me Cheap Trick and some perky country (JJ Walker, Brad Paisley) and you'll get me moving. Like you though, I rarely have music on the trails (unless I'm struggling a bit). I tried listening to a 49ers game during my first marathon and got so frustrated with how badly they were playing - I won't do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was being kind, I have Cheap Trick, Split Enz, Tears for Fears, and Marley...Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eladril (Brian)....why aren't you admitting that your running movies theme song would be the ET theme song (when he flies in front of the moon on his bike)?? Or is it the Indiana Jones song?? You have both on your Ipod, so I guess either one would work??

    NTL - Background music for your running video:
    'Ticks' or 'I'm Still a Guy'??
    I am just a kid, but with wrinkles....it's very strange : )

    ReplyDelete