Monday, January 7, 2013

Runnin the Res and Lovin It!



I managed to pull off a 29 minute loop this morning at the reservoir!!  AFTER a workout that involved reverse squats and weighted jumping lunges and squats!! My legs felt the hills, but I pushed through and kept it under 30 minutes! In top shape, we were cranking out multiple 26 - 28 minute laps, but it's been a long time since I've even bothered timing a lap. I was determined to keep it under 30, and while it was a challenge, I did it!!

Moving on...Biggest Loser. I cannot say enough how much I love that Jillian is back on the show!! I lost over 120 lbs doing her online program, and am currently doing her Body Revolution program for the second time, mixed with Insanity. So glad she's back.

It used to be very emotional to watch the show, then  for a few years, not so much. I understand so much of what the contestants express, the shame, fear, embarrassment, the mental transformation that has to take place for real change, dealing with any/all issues from the past - been there, did it, felt it, understand it.

Last nights premier had me crying with in the first 5 minutes. The dad who's seat broke and he crushed his sons head...gah.  For the contestants who stick to it, and are willing to go to those deep, dark places they need to go to make a total transformation, not to mention put in the physical work.....their lives will be so so different on the other end of their journey!  I think that is why I get so emotional...I want them to want that change so bad! I want them to take the chance they've been given and run with it.

I have a friend in our congregation who over the past year has lost a tremendous amount of weight. I'm guessing over 100lbs, but have not asked, and wont. She is oozing happiness! She looks amazing and happy. She asked me on Sunday if I'd ever ran the Napa Marathon. I told her yes, twice, and asked why she asked. When she told me she registered to run the full, and had run the Walnut Creek half.  I don't think she could tell how hard I was trying not to cry as we talked about the course, expo, training, etc. I am so excited for her!! Not because she's found running, or is doing a marathon, but because she's in her late 20's, and she can finally start to really live her life. Her life will be so different now than if she had stayed on the course she was on. I'm so happy for her, and so proud of her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment