Thursday, July 19, 2012

Yesterday, a Perfect Day of Summer







All 3 kids are in there somewhere. This really brought back memories of playing in the corn stalks with my sister!



Yesterday was a 2fer day. I ran 4.3 in the morning with the kids. The girls are getting more speedy, and it's really nice to be able to run at my normal pace and just check over my shoulder every now and then to make sure they are still within site. I stop and wait every now and then, but they are getting faster for sure. Then last night we picked up Brian from BART, and headed to the reservoir for another run.  The girls brought paint and poster boards to paint their favorite trees, while Brian, Myles and I knocked out another run. Then, we relaxed and had a picnic dinner - Caribbean jerk chicken, rum/peach schnapps simmered pineapple, cantaloupe, snap peas, and for dessert...croissants baked with chocolate and marshmallows inside. Yesterday was a perfect example of my ideal summer day! Simple, outside, active, and relaxing with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment