Sunday, October 14, 2012

6 of one, half dozen of the other

 This morning was my run with the hubby to find a proper dismount from Castle Rock Trail.  Um...I'm thinking I'll stick to my original route...there's really not much difference between one little slide and the route Brian 'came up with'.   Which is safer?? You decide -
My original, great run, with one minor glitch that involved sliding down this rock, or going for a run w/this guy.......

"Where are we?? Let me climb this rock on the top of the side of a cliff and see..".

"This way...yeah, yeah....it's this way."

"Let's just take this trail of loose dirt that goes straight down...It'll be fastest.  Just side step, you'll be fine."

"You grew up on a farm, tell me how to get past this stuff."
"Low and slow, babe. But just so you know...I NEVER have to do this when I'm running out here by myself!!"

"We went under the last fence we came to, lets mix it up and go over this one."

"If all else fails, just blow your whistle and wait until Search and Rescue finds you, you'll be fine!"
All jokes aside, we had a great morning and a great, challenging run. I took him up Sunset, Little Pines to Burma, crossed Northgate Rd, and went up the infamous Burma hill, then back down and up to Sunset, then up to Castle Rock Trail....and eventually back out Stage to Castle Rock Park.  Getting down off of Castle Rock Trail remains a mystery, but I do think my original route was safer and quicker, I just would work around the slide area and not do that part again!  I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. These pic's of B remind me of an engraved rock Grandpa Jack had: "Which way did they go, for I am their leader!"

    ReplyDelete