Monday, October 15, 2012

A Few Pics For You!

Good thing I'm a 'legs' gal cuz the boy's got some awesome legs!! My manly man was actually being a nerd and running to the middle of the open field to get his watch to sync up w/a satellite : )


From here it looks like if we just stacked 3 of him on top of each other, we'd be at the top of Burma back there!

We saw 9 deer, including 2 big bucks! One ran out onto the trail right in front of us, then turned and ran down the trail, leading the way with us chasing it, then went off into the bushes.  It was the closest I've been to a buck in ages and I forgot how large they are!





"How do we get down from here?"



He looks like he's having fun, no??
Good times!! We haven't run together in a few months, so this was really a treat. Plus, Brian hasn't been on most of the trails I've been exploring since school started because they aren't kid friendly, and that is what has made up 90% of our runs for the past 4+ years. So it was really nice to run with him and for him to get to see some of the things I've been so excited about.  Plus, he now knows why I get so giddy whenever I see Burma from across town and say "I've been to the top of that!"

I'm working on a post to show all of you who may be concerned about my safety what I'm carrying with me on all my runs.  Nothing will make me totally invincible or immune to 'time and unforeseen occurrence".....or my own stupidity, but hopefully they cover the basics of possible safety equipment I can run with!

2 comments:

  1. The barbed wire crossings I can do without, and I love the geek shot for GPS lock. I don't worry so much about your safety as that of any deer that's not paying attention as you glide up to it and you decide to see what it's like to ride him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah Ha Ha!!! I spit chips across the room when I read this!

      Delete